It is undeniable that the power of Satan is all around us. We don’t have to look very far to see his evil influence. But so is the power of God. And that is an even greater power! The question I get to ask myself is, “Which one do I allow to influence my life?” Sheri Dew reminds us, “There is only one thing that the power of God and the power of Satan have in common: Neither can influence us unless we allow them to.”1 What a great reminder to us that this choice is ours and ours alone to make.
President David O. McKay stated, “Next to the bestowal of life itself, the right to direct our lives is God’s greatest gift to man. Freedom of choice is more to be treasured than any possession earth can give.”2 Because He loves us so much, Heavenly Father has given us our agency – even though He knew we would, at times, use it to our own detriment. And because He loves us so much, He sent His Son to atone for our sins and give us access to godly power. Then, using that same God-given agency, we can choose to repent and make the changes necessary for His power to be the guiding influence in our lives.
Although life was never meant to be easy, but it doesn’t need to be nearly as hard as we sometimes make it. When we better understand and know how to access godly power, Russell M. Nelson teaches us that that power will be “sufficient to deal with the burdens, obstacles, and temptations of our day.”3
Not long ago, the prophet said, “Satan is no longer even trying to hide his attacks on God’s plan. Emboldened evil abounds. Therefore, the only way to survive spiritually is to be determined to let God prevail in our lives.”4 He posed these questions:
- Are you willing to let God be the most important influence in your life?
- Will you allow His words, His commandments, and His covenants to influence what you do each day?
- Will you allow His voice to take priority over any other?
- Are you willing to let whatever He needs you to do take precedence over every other ambition?
- Are you willing to have your will swallowed up in His?
Am I really willing to let God prevail in my life? He is willing and waiting! The choice is up to me.
Who will I allow to influence my life?
1. You Were Born to Lead, You Were Born for Glory – Sheri Dew
2. Agency and Responsibility – David O. McKay
3. Drawing the Power of Jesus Christ into Our Lives – Russell M. Nelson
4. Let God Prevail – Russell M. Nelson
Boy did I need this today! You are truly inspired! Love you my friend! 🥲😘